Thursday, March 26, 2009

Journaling, Soaking and Hearing from Jesus

When I was in Toronto in January some people were praying over me and one said that Jesus was going to answer my prayer for greater intimacy and that I would experience it primarily through journaling. Since I returned I have found that it has been true! In my journaling I have been asking Jesus questions and just starting to write. In one case, I had an image of me sitting with Him by a slow moving river near a foot bridge. I asked Him what He wanted to say to me. He said that He really loved being with me. I asked Him, "Why?"

He smiled and said that my question was about measurement and that His love didn't measure. His love isn't based on worth and my question was about worth. He said, "I AM Love, and My love is what gives worth, it is not based on worth. Receive My love and abide in it."

There have been many other encounters, too, around theological questions and wrestling, asking about certain people I am praying for, and asking Him to teach me about the scriptures I am reading. It has been really beautiful, dynamic and full of life.

No comments: