Monday, March 15, 2010

A Word from the Lord

Last week at the Underground Coffee project (www.undergroundcoffeeproject.com) (our gathering for ex-offenders, gangsters, and addicts), Nicholas came up to me and said, "Check out what God is saying." He starts to read 2 Corinthians 8:10-12, but his bible is King James Version and when he finishes, I tell him, "Dude, I have no idea what you just read."

I open my bible and begin to read, And in this manner I give you my judgment: this benefits you, who a year ago started not only to do but also to desire it. So now finish doing it...

This is completely out of the context the Apostle Paul is writing about, but as I read it the Presence of God came into the basement so strongly that I had to stop reading and close my eyes and worship. God was highlighting a word for me. A year ago was when He told me to "plant a church." As I began to think about it then and desire it, even to start planning, I felt Him tell me, "No. Wait."

I moved to a chair and Nicholas is praying over me as I continue to read: ...so that your readiness in desiring it may be matched by your completing it out of what you have. For if the readiness is there, it is acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what a person does not have.

Again, the Presence of God rushes in and I am compelled to stop and worship.

I have had worries about the endless possibilities of what it should look like and whether I can do this or that or the other thing, and feeling like I have to have it all figured out before we start. God was speaking directly into all of it. He says that the Word will be accompanied by signs to confirm it. He is so good!

Amen and amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too feel that now is the time for truth to be rooted in and then out of our homes.From our homes and our hearts to the world to see!Love you Mike