Monday, November 28, 2011

Who is my family?

The day after my last post I was with the homies in the apartment and we were looking at Mark 3:22-35. In a couple sections Jesus mom and brothers come to take him away because they think he is nuts. Jesus turns toward his followers and asks, "Who are my mother and my brothers? Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother."

We talked about the invitation of Jesus to leave one family and join another - a crazy level of loyalty. I asked Teddy what was happening for him with his decision to leave the gang. He said he had talked with a couple senior gang members - shot callers - who are in prison. They asked him why he wanted out of the gang and he told them. So they blessed him out!

One of the shot callers I am aware is having big Jesus interactions in solitary confinement and will be a part of our ministry when he gets out, but I had no idea that such a thing was possible. It is so beautiful, it takes my breath away! What a huge answer to prayer! Thank you Jesus.

No comments: