Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bondage Breaking

I've begun meeting with a couple of the young Hispanic men who are part of Tierra Nueva having come from the jail ministry, and started reading through Neil Anderson's The Bondage Breaker together. At the end of our first discussion and time of prayer, one man quoted, "there are many Christians like me out there leading lives of 'quiet desperation' due to the attack of demonic forces." He said, "that's me!" I told him that many people live in the quiet desperation because they don't believe in demons who come to steal, kill and destroy. He was amazed, "Don't they read the bible?" I said yes, but we have explained away demons with scientific and medical explanations. He said that we are supposed to believe the bible and then he laughed and said, "I think they have a demon." I agreed that it might be true. Then he said, "If I was a thief and was breaking into someone's house, I would wipe down my fingerprints and every trace that I was there."

No comments: