Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weekend at the Firs


It was a powerful and beautiful weekend at the Firs Chalet near the Mt. Baker ski area. I was invited to speak to a group of 20-30s from my old church, University Presbyterian (Seattle). And I got to share the things I am most excited about in my relationship with God in the past eight years - receiving our identity as beloved daughters and sons of our Father (apart from any performance on our part); receiving empowerment from the Holy Spirit to move in supernatural ministry; and learning to hear the voice of the Good Shepherd. It was a stretch for a large number - actually the most difficult thing is to receive our identity from the Father. The most exciting thing for me was that it wasn't simply about trying to receive/believe a teaching - we had opportunities after each teaching to invite God - Father, Spirit, Son - to come minister to people. While the teaching created a context of understanding, it is the Presence of God that brings life, and it is beautiful to watch it happen.
It was also a tremendous gift for Susan and me to be received as co-ministers and to have such rich opportunities to minister to people together and one-on-one.

No comments: