Monday, May 26, 2008

Well, I'm in. After jumping through the hoops in the process with the North Puget Sound Presbytery:

  • meeting with the committee on ministry to share with them what I am being called to do (COM oversees the relationships between pastors and churches,
  • giving written responses to my ordination questions,
  • applying for "validated ministry outside the jurisdiction of the church" which means that I am ministering but not in a Presbyterian church
  • being interviewed by a sub-committee of COM about my written responses
    meeting with individuals from COM

I went before the Presbytery this afternoon where they could ask me any question, and when no one said anything, Diane Kuntz who has a prayer ministry through North Creek Presbyterian Church, asked me to talk about my experience of prayer and the Holy Spirit - in a Presbyterian gathering! Awesome! They voted me in.

At lunch I was speaking with Diane, Paul Strong (pastor of North Creek), Denise Easter (who works in the prayer ministry with Diane, and Bob Ekblad about the need for prayer and healing in the churches in North Puget Sound. As they began to formulate ideas it was suggested that we spend some time gathering and praying and asking the Lord what He wants to do and how He might have us partner with Him. So, I quickly find myself in a group similar to the one I started in Seattle Presbytery to intercede for the work of Jesus in the churches. It is no accident. Bless You Jesus for how You connect us and for Your timing.

No comments: